Our cattle are culled very hard for docility traits such as flightiness or aggressiveness.
We choose herd bulls that are eye appealing and fit our phenotype with strong EPD’s. We artificially inseminated using growth, performance and maternally strong AI sires. We use our best producing cows in an embryo transfer program to build a strong replacements and offer our customers females that will be an asset to their herd.
We develop our bulls on pasture with a controlled amount of feed. They are vaccinated, wormed and fertility tested and ready for work when purchased.
Brehm Farms demands that our females milk and raise a good calf.
We have accumulated an outstanding set of cows from other top programs and our own raised herd. Our cattle have strong EPD’s and above average actual performance in weaning and yearling weighs.
All show prospects have been gentled to lead on halter. We like to leave the words “halter breaking” out of our vocabulary.
We are passionate about our program. We care about all aspects of producing cattle and strive to be the best we can be.
All cattle sold off our farm come with the standard North American Limousin Foundation guarantee.
Our mission is to produce top quality Limousin and LimFlex cattle and offer our customers exceptional genetics with eye appeal that will excel in the pasture or show ring.
1. All animals are guaranteed to be breeders with the exception of: calves under twelve months of age in the event of an injury or disease that occurs to the calf after the sale; gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of the purchaser; females used in embryo transplant
2. Bulls are guaranteed to be breeders at the time of sale, or at 16 months of age if they are younger than 16 months at the time of sale. Any bull, which either settles cows by natural service and/or passes a fertility test, is considered to be fertile. Any guarantee with respect to the ability to freeze semen shall be a separate agreement between the buyer and Brehm Farms.
3. Females sold as safe in calf have been examined by a competent veterinarian or other reproductive technician and are guaranteed to be with calf.
4. Any guarantee with respect to embryo transplant reproduction shall be a separate agreement between the buyer and Brehm Farms.
1. All claims for adjustment or refunds must be made in writing to Brehm Farms within six months of the date of sale or no later than six months after the animal reaches 18 months of age, whichever occurs last.
2. In the event that the animal is claimed to be a non breeder, that animal must be returned to Brehm Farms in good condition and must have met the health requirements of Texas. Brehm Farms shall be entitled to six months trial following the return of the animal in which to prove that the animal is a breeder. If, at the end of six months, the seller has been unable to prove that the animal as a breeder, the seller shall, at the option of the buyer, replace the original animal with another of equal value or refund the total purchase price. The return of the purchase price shall in all cases be deemed as full settlement. Any expenses incurred in transporting the animal that is claimed to be a non breeder shall be the responsibility of the purchaser.